Sunday, January 18, 2009

2 weeks holiday in Europe

I spent 2 weeks in Europe and had the chance of celebrating the first week of 2009 in Europe too. I'll be bringing you more tips for shopping at various shopping locations across Europe - Paris, Milan, Barcelona and London. Reaching Christmas Eve in London, United Kingdom after a 13 hour flight, i was really excited.

To travel from Heathrow International Airport, i choose the Heathrow Connect that costs £6.90 (British pounds). The alternative was a non-stop service between London airport terminal to city centre called the Heathrow Express service (15 minutes to London town) and this will cost £16.50- both trains are actually using the same terminal / track so if you are not in a hurry, then you can easily choose the Connect services.

The airport trains will directly bring you to Paddington Station. If you have not booked your hotel you can consider to book the Paddington area hotels such as the Hilton Paddington which is located just outside the station.

I booked my London hotel online that enabled me to get a great bargain. My first night in hotel was as Premier Shaftesbury Paddington Hotel, located just on Westbourne Road and the hotel room included free broadband internet access too.




After having a light breakfast of bagels, i hurried back to my room for 2 hours of rest. Fully charged, i walked over to the Tube (underground) and headed to the Oxford Circus Station. Coming out from the station, i could see sales on-going everywhere! I walked along the Regent Street and bought myself some discounted Armani Exchange tshirts and ladies tops (some of which were 50% discount)



I also managed to visit the Tezenis Lingerie store and the bargain ws amazing where there were even g-strings on offer for only £0.99 (made in china of course, but then, what is NOT made in china nowadays....)

No comments: